Theresa Mungioli started in politics in college and continued at the community level. Theresa became a political activist when she moved into the Rochester Hills area and started Parent’s Rights In District Education, informing parents about education issues. Theresa then ran for the Rochester Community Schools Board of Education and served on the Board for eight years (1993-2001).
Since then Theresa ran for the Rochester Hills City Council and the Oakland County Board of Commissioners.
A precinct delegate since 2000, Theresa has been involved in Republican Party politics at all levels:
- Rochester Republican Women’s Club President
- Republican Women’s Federation of Michigan Treasurer
- Founder of Rochester Area Republicans
- 9th Congressional District Republicans Committee (CDRC) Chairman, previously serving as Executive Director and 9th CDRC Vice Chairman
- Michigan Republican Party State Committeewoman and Chair of MRP Policy Committee and leadership roles on various other committees
- Political Vice President of the Greater Oakland Republican Club (GOGOP)(current)
- 8th Congressional District Republican Committee and State Committeewoman to MRP (current)
- Oakland County Republican Party Chairman (current).
Theresa has served in a variety of leadership roles at each level. This list does not begin to describe the activities Theresa supported over the past 30 years.
Theresa’s involvement is not limited to politics. Theresa served as President of the Rochester Auburn Hills Community Coalition, a substance abuse prevention organization. And then became President of the Alliance of Community Coalitions, overseeing 14 Community Coalitions across Oakland County. Theresa wrote and obtained several federal grants helping local communities receive funding to prevent substance abuse and presented at the Community of Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA) national convention.
Theresa and her husband coordinated Holiday Helpers, a Rochester area based non-profit providing food baskets and holiday gifts to over 75 families in the Rochester area for several years.
Theresa supported many local community organizations including the OPC Meals on Wheels program
Theresa and her husband Vince were recognized by the city of Rochester Hills with their Family First award.
Theresa is a member of the National Association of Parliamentarians having obtained first level certification in parliamentary process.
Theresa has run half marathons for several years.
Theresa works for one of the big three automotive companies. She actively supports the company’s women’s organization helping women to achieve their professional goals.
Theresa is a certified project manager (PMP) thru the Project Management Institute and offers training classes at work to help others achieve this goal.
Theresa is married to Vince with three children and two grandchildren. Theresa lives in Rochester Hills.